Southwark Liberal Democrats have today published our manifesto policy paper for Education and Childcare.
Our top priorities include:
- Offering a day a month of free childcare for all two, three and four year olds to give parents a helping hand and support them back into work.
- Building new primary and secondary schools where they are needed to bring an end to Labour’s school places crisis.
- Maintaining free universal school meals for all primary school children backed by new funding from the Government.
- Establishing a new University Technical College in the north of the borough.
- Providing free extra tuition for children requiring additional support, working with schools and using the ‘Pupil Premium’ funding given by the Coalition government.
Read the full 2014 council elections manifesto at www.southwark-libdems.org.uk/manifesto.