Below is our full 'Community Safety' policy paper.
Key priorities include:
- Continuing to fight the Tory Mayor of London’s police and fire cuts and give communities more say over emergency services in their area.
- Restoring funding to the noise and anti-social behaviour teams which was cut by Labour to help tackle nuisance and low-level crime.
- Investing in CCTV and door-entry systems on estates to give residents the security they need in their own homes.
- Tackling alcohol related crime and disorder in trouble hotspots and remove licenses from irresponsible bars and clubs.
- Helping victims of domestic violence and troubled families get the support they need to turn their lives around.
Read the full 2014 council elections manifesto at www.southwark-libdems.org.uk/manifesto.